Imagine a world where people across the globe are kind to themselves and others by performing small but meaningful acts, and the world begins to radiate laughter, love, kindness, and compassion.
This is the world #92DaysOfKindness aims to create. From October 1 to December 31, 2018, people all over the world perform at least 30 challenges that are kind acts to either themselves, others or the environment.
It's an initiative led by Workout for Happiness, a small and diverse team of people coming from all corners of the world with a common vision: to make the world a happier place.
It’s been a tough few years full of negative news and events and we could all agree that the world needs a boost of positivity. The good thing is that we CAN do something about it and it doesn’t take much. It can be as simple as performing one kind act a day.
How does it work?
For the last 3 months of 2018, a new challenge will be announced by a new person every day at 12:00 pm Berlin time here and on all our social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube).
They could be either:
- Fun and meant to get us out of our comfort zones
- Sentimental to focus our attention on the people around us
- Or serve as a helpful reminder to take care of our well-being or that of the environment
They could be something as small as giving someone a hug. When you hug someone, your body releases the hormone oxytocin which gives you feelings of trust, comfort, and safety. But let’s be honest, all these nice effects of hugging won’t come to us just by reading about them.
It doesn’t help to just know it, you have to experience it! So go out and actually hug someone! Only then will you trigger the release of the hormone and receive the benefits.
The same applies to all the other challenges: you have to actually perform them to feel the positivity and make others feel it as well. Every seemingly small act can make such a nice impact in the world and you will feel it once you start doing the challenges daily.
Check out our #92DaysOfKindness Social Hero Kat Perkins, American singer/entertainer/songwriter, a finalist on NBC’s The Voice and Founder of The Rising Star Foundation announce the #92Days_Day57 challenge:
Or how about Tim announcing the #92Days_Day9 challenge:=
Take a look at the photo below where we found the #92Days_Day9 challenge in action spreading kindness with little happy post-its.
Who are the announcers?
Each challenge [kind act] is announced by a new person. So far, private figures from all over the world announced these challenges. And now, we have started to introduce our social hero announcers, like Kat Perkins, who have a heartening mission so that they can inspire others to also engage in prosocial behavior. Some other examples of social heroes include:
- Ruby Cup: It is a healthier, more sustainable, cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to pads and tampons. With their Buy One Give One program, they have donated Ruby Cups to 50,000 girls and women in 11 countries.
- The Ponheary Ly Foundation: Promotes access to quality education for children and youth across Northern Cambodia.
- Laís Rocha Leão: A Gender and Urban Spaces activist, one of the Young Leaders of the European Development Days 2018, Global Shaper and Founder of InCities.
Join the movement!
We now have over 50 kind acts published and we are encouraging you to:
1) Perform the challenges to make your impact on the world! Of course, the more challenges you perform, the bigger the impact but try to complete a minimum of 30 before the end of the year!
2) Get as many of your friends and family to do them as well because the more people who perform these challenges, the kinder this world will be
3) Take a selfie and upload it with the following caption to your social media profiles with the hashtag #i_am_in
4) Share your experience by using the #92DaysOfKindness hashtag & daily challenge hashtag (e.g. #92Days_Day1)
It can’t become a movement without you! These are seemingly small acts but if we all perform them, we can make this world a better, kinder and happier place for the last three months of 2018, together!
Imagine the challenge is to call someone you haven’t talked to in over 6 months. On that day, people worldwide will be reconnecting and reopening their heart to long-lost friends and family members. Who would you call?
Now, who are the people behind it and where does this idea come from?
We are Workout for Happiness, a small and diverse team of people coming from all corners of the world with a common vision: to make the world a happier place. Along the way, like many, we felt bombarded with news of war, political strife, societal division, humanitarian and natural disasters in the last months and even years.
We wanted to do something about this but, how? In summer 2018, one of our friends and creative advisors came up with the idea of offering people small daily challenges that are a kind act to either themselves or others. We were immediately convinced by the originality and kindness of the idea so we set ourselves out to do it.
Preparations for these small challenges were well on their way when our CEO went on his annual Vipassana silent meditation retreat in August 2018. While deep in meditation, a thought came to his mind:
Why have people perform these challenges alone when they can be united in doing them together? Why not turn the world for the last months of 2018 into a kinder, happier, more positive and compassionate place with small acts that people perform together?
This is how #92DaysOfKindness was born.
Visit https://92daysofkindness.global for more info about the movement & let’s make this world a happier place!